About the ITC
The award-winning Islander Transition Center at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi serves undergraduate students in their transition to the University, and offers services specifically catered to prospective transfer students as well as current A&M-Corpus Christi students who have not declared an academic major. Staff work to assist students in addressing their questions and concerns regarding admission processes and transfer coursework, as well as provide academic guidance for students who remain undecided in their field of study. In addition to this, the ITC works in conjunction with other departments to ensure the availability of campus support services to assist students and the University in both the areas of educational success and student retention.
The mission of the Islander Transition Center is to facilitate the students' transition from their prior role to a successful undergraduate at the University by:
- Developing realistic expectations of university life
- Assisting students to learn about and develop a meaningful educational plan
- Connecting students with University faculty, staff, and peers
- Involving students as members of the campus community and allowing them to culminate as responsible citizens in our diverse global community
- Discovering, communicating, and collaborating with other University areas and the community to build supportive programs for all students, resulting in retention and graduation